Beer for my horses barkeep

Beer for my horses barkeep

Monday, October 3, 2011

Poor little pup

I saw something today that was so heart rending and shameful, a poor thrown away dog living under a delivery van in front of a business.
He was obviously emaciated,ribs and hips were showing and the shame of it was nobody but nobody took the time to try and help this innocent animal,the people going into the store nor the employees,one employee asked me to call animal control,I asked him why and his reply was basically ' its a stray, who needs it' he knew they would kill the dog after three days and I  told him 'not a chance mister'.
I tried to get him into my car I could see he wanted to go but he was so scared of people, so I gave him my lunch and as he was gulping the food down I heard someone say 'great now the damn dog wont leave'. I had to go to work elsewise I would probably still be there trying to coax him out from under the van.
My Question is what does it cost anyone to help a stray, a little time, a little food, is that so much to ask. Are you truely that cold and callous Las Vegas,you cant even help the very essence of unrestrained, unconditional Love?
I am truly ashamed of the city I call home.
(yes im going back tonight to try and rescue that pup)
Live Love Laugh

1 comment: